Hayden Primary School
160 Bracken Lane
Hayden, AL 35079
Principal: Kimberly W. Harbison
In the News
- MORE ALABAMA STUDENTS TAKE ACT; MINORITY STUDENTS EXCEED NATIONAL SCORES; Eleven Alabama public high school students score perfect 36 on ACT (Department of Education)
- ALABAMA AYP RESULTS EXCEED U.S. SECRETARY’S PREDICTIONS Over 72% of Alabama Schools Make AYP – Meet 100% of Goals and Over 87% of Alabama Schools Meet Over 90% of Goals (Department of Education)
- TOD BEERS NAMED “EMPLOYEE OF THE QUARTER” (Department of Education)
- Best Practices of State Bullying Policies (U.S. Department of Education)
- New Board Members for Postsecondary Improvement Fund (U.S. Department of Education)
- International Student Assessment (U.S. Department of Education)
Renown children’s illustrator MICHAEL P. WHITE will be with us at Hayden Primary School on Friday, April 18th! He will be having special assemblies with each grade level. There will also be a time for him to autograph books. Available items and price list will be sent home this week. See more information at michaelpwhite.com.
To register your child for kindergarten for the 2014-15 school year, bring the following to the school office between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Blue Immunization Form
Alabama Power Bill
Child’s Social Security Card
Child’s Birth Certificate
We look forward to meeting our new ‘lil Hayden Wildcats!
Please follow this link to access the school calendar for this school year: Blount County Calendar 2013-14
HPS is in need of several copies of past yearbooks for our archives. If you have copies of yearbooks from the following years, and are willing to donate them, please contact Ruth Smith at email@example.com or 647-2103. We would love to complete our collection!
1981, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1990, 1993 (2 copies needed), 1997, 2000 (2 copies needed), 2002 (2 copies needed), 2006, 2010
7:40 a.m. Busses Unload
7:40-7:55 a.m. Car riders unload (For drop-off and pick-up procedures, go to the “General Info” tab, “Student Handbook”, Item #20 “Pick-up and Drop-Off of Students”.)
(If your child eats breakfast at school, you need to arrive early enough to be in the first group to unload so that they will have time to pick up their breakfast and get to class.)
7:55 a.m. Classes begin (Students arriving after 7:55 a.m. are TARDY and must be accompanied to the office and signed in by the adult dropping them off at school.)
2:55 p.m. Parent Pick-up/Car Riders
3:05 p.m. Busses Load
3:15 p.m. Busses Depart